Reading can be boring if it’s not a real grabbing subject matter. Reading the Bible can seem like such a daunting task with the many pages it consists of. This is true for adults and children. God puts parents in charge of teaching this big ol’ book’s message to their children. It can be done or God wouldn’t have put the job in our laps. Of course, we need His help, but we can also use the help of resources prepared by like-minded Christians, such as The God Puzzle by Valerie Ackermann. Kiddos enjoy learning if it’s fun. That’s where this workbook comes into play. It consists of 36 lessons with space for the kiddo (age 7-12) to fill in his or her answers. Depending on the child’s spiritual maturity, you could work through this with him or her through all of the lessons or you could choose the lessons that would benefit your children the most. The workbook “presents the Bible as one seamless story”, so you may want to work through it in order.
I know as a parent I often get side-tracked and finding myself not being a good example to my children. Reading these Bible truths will help parents do a self-test on their obedience to God’s Word as they discuss the lessons with their children.
The workbook pages are colorful, grabbing the reader’s attention as he or she works through it. The translation used is NIV.
I received The God Puzzle: How the Bible Fits Together to Reveal God as Your Greatest Treasure from Litfuse Publishing in exchange for my honest review. Find out what others think of the book by visiting blogs participating in the God Puzzle Book Tour.
About the book
The God Puzzle is a colorful, easy to use tool to help you communicate to your child the rich truths about God, His ways, His will and His love. The God Puzzle will help you address doctrinal themes of the Christian faith in a kid friendly way, present Bible lessons in an interactive way that will hold the child’s attention and deliver quality teaching with no preparation needed. 75% of children leave the church when they leave home. Something isn’t working. Sunday School isn’t doing it all. Kids need answers, good ones. And they need them from you, the parent. This book enables you to give them simple, clear answers.
What makes The God Puzzle unique?
– ready made discussion questions for parent to ask their child in each lesson
– can be done at any pace that works with your
family . . . every night, once a week, 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there . . . it fits into realistic family life
– puts the pieces together for a child to understand God, the Bible, and the Christian faith
– in each lesson the responds to the truth so they understand their relationship to God is personal and life transforming
– any parent, whether they know nothing, or a lot about God can start teaching their child today with no prep
– deep theology put into language a child can understand
– deeply Biblical, each lesson points to Christ
– put in an order that starts with creation, and teaches the Bible as one story that all points to Christ
– child stays engaged by filling in blanks, crosswords, drawing, matching and using their Bibles as they learn
About the Author
Valerie Ackermann has a BA in Theology and has been a full time Children’s Ministry Director at Parkwood Community Church in California for over 10 years. She is also a weekly Sunday school teacher, wife, and busy mom of two boys ages 9 and 11. She has hands-on experience as a children’s ministry professional, teaching and leading children of all ages. Growing up in a Christian family in the small town of Saskatchewan Canada, she has wonderful memories of knowing God from an early age. She has a passion for kids to know the deep truths of God.
Find out more at LeadMeToGod.com.