“We can’t give others what we don’t have… Parents who are lukewarm about living for God can’t expect their kids to shine brightly for Jesus.”
This statement really got my attention.
My home has not been a lighthouse. It’s been more of a self-serving environment, as each of us do our own entertaining thing. Reading Organic Outreach for Families has left me wanting more for my family. As Christians, it should be each of our desire to grow closer to God and share His great love with others. How did I forget that in the midst of day to day living? I’m determined to reconnect with God, be real and honest with my kids in how I live, and show them through God’s Word how to live a life that is joyful and meaningful.
Organic Outreach for Families Has Prompted Change in This Family by:
• Shedding light on Postmodernism and Relative Truth’s deception how parents can counteract these worldly influences.
• Demonstrating how parents can bring their family together for discussions and life-changing action.
• Teaching on the good: prayer, serving others; and the bad: materialism
This book is excellent in sharing how our homes should operate. No, it’s not a ‘do it this way or you’re wrong’ type of book. The authors share their experiences and their own now-grown sons’ testimony of how their parents’ leading and commitment helped them become the committed Christians they are today. It really has a lot that I would love to implement in my own home. I’ve been falling for Satan’s deception and discouragement regarding my home and the lack of spiritual habits. However, I see that I can change things in my home, because with God all things are possible.
About the Book
In Organic Outreach for Families, Kevin and Sherry Harney share insights from the Scriptures and give practical advice from their own experience to help you learn how to transform your home into a lighthouse of God’s amazing grace.
The Harneys discuss five ways you can naturally share your faith with others:
- Reaching your own children with the message of Jesus
- Sharing God’s grace with your extended family
- Raising your children to be beacons of light in their schools and in the neighborhood
- Opening the doors of your home to make it attractive and welcoming
- Shining the light of grace into your broader community
The Harneys balance a concern for developing your home into a safe, secure environment with the biblical mandate for believers to be salt and light in the world. Pastors and parents will discover creative ways families can become a natural and winsome presence in their schools, through community activities, and as a witness in their neighborhoods.
Look for future posts, as I share my implementation of Organic Outreach for Families in my daily living, and hopefully my family will make the decision to become lighthouses, too. Subscribe to This Mom’s Delight and you’ll be inspired to live intentionally as you read along with me.
I received this book from BookSneeze in exchange for my honest review.