Published by Litfuse Publishing
Is there room for creativity and children in a mother’s life? Learn how to balance home, art, and family in Wendy Speake and Kelli Stuart’s new book, Life Creative.
In this Pinterest age of handcrafted children’s parties, Instagram photos of beautifully decorated homes, and blogs filled with poetry and prose, it is clear that we are in the midst of a brand new artistic renaissance. Life Creative paints the stories of moms, just like you, who are fitting their inspired lives into the everyday, ordinary places of motherhood.
About the Book: Life Creative: Inspiration for Today’s Renaissance Mom
What was God thinking when He created you creative and then gave you children?
Creative moms often feel as though they must lay their passions down. But God had something special in mind for the creative woman during this intense season of mothering.
In this Pinterest age of handcrafted children’s parties, Instagram photos of beautifully decorated homes, and blogs filled with poetry and prose, it is clear that we are in the midst of a brand new artistic renaissance. Not one born in Italian cathedrals or Harlem jazz clubs, but rather in kitchens, nurseries, and living rooms around the world. Mothers, working in the cracks and crevices of each hectic day, are adorning the world with their gifts, and they’re showing all of us the beauty of this Life Creative.
In this book, you’ll learn:
- Why the world needs your art
- How this Life Creative begins at home
- When art can turn a profit
- Your part in this modern day Renaissance
Life Creative paints the stories of moms, just like you, who are fitting their inspired livesinto the everyday, ordinary places of motherhood. Women like home decorator Melissa Michaels and jewelry designer Lisa Leonard, author Angie Smith, recording artist Ellie Holcomb, and many more.
This Mom’s Review
As I read this book that I received free from Litfuse Publicity Group, I realized that I am creative, although I never thought that I was. Give my mom a piece of fabric and she’ll make clothing with her sewing machine. Give her a piece of wood and she’ll make furniture with her power tools. I am not crafty or talented in either of these areas. In Life Creative, I discovered:
- Creativity can be found in all of us. While my creativity may not mirror my mom’s, I am creative. I enjoy creating with paper and with words.
- Creativity can be found within the home. As you and I play out our roles as mom and home keeper, even among the seemingly mundane world of household duties and cooking, we are creating in many ways.
- Creativity comes from above. God is a big part of my creativity. After all, he is my creator.
- Creativity is to be shared. As mothers, we are to share our creativity with our families. It is not always a solo adventure.
- Creativity can be passed on. As unintentional as it may be, you and I have passed on some of my creativity to my children.
As I read this book, I realized how I can enjoy my interests without neglecting my family. More importantly, I realized I must be glorifying God with everything I do, including these little things that this tired momma thrives on for a recharge.
About the Authors
through storytelling and life applications, utilizing drama, comedy, poetry and the study of God’s Word. During her career in Hollywood, Speake found herself longing to tell stories that edify and encourage women. She is the author of Triggers: Exchanging Parents’ Angry Reactions for Gentle Biblical Responses (BRU Press, 2015). Speake is a wife and homeschooling mother of three boys.
It’s Time for a Giveaway and Chat
Join Wendy, Kelli, and other moms in celebrating the beauty of being a creative mom by entering to win the Called to Be Creative Giveaway (details below) and by attending their author chat party on October 27!
One grand prize winner will receive:
- One copy of Life Creative
- The Gracelaced Personalizable Mom’s Wreath
- A handmade leather journal
- A Starbucks gift card
Enter today by clicking the icon below. But hurry, the giveaway ends on 10/27. The winner will be announced at the Life Creative Facebook party. RSVP for a chance to connect with Wendy, Kelli, and other creative moms, as well as for a chance to win other prizes!
RSVP today and spread the word—tell your friends about the giveaway via social media and increase your chances of winning. Hope to see you on the 27th!