I’ll admit it. I’m not much of a cook. My hubby does more in the kitchen than I do. I am very appreciative of his efforts. However, I’d like to make more meals for my worthy husband, but I don’t seem to find any recipes that fit our taste.
Looking through Taste of Home: Cooking School Cookbook: 400 + Simple to Spectacular Recipes I have found several recipes that hubby and I would enjoy. I wanted to make a few of the recipes and share my opinion of them, but being pregnant has wiped all energy from this girl!
Since I am beginning to feel a spark of energy, I want to treat my hubby to a meal every weekend and I’m looking forward to giving the following a try:
- Baked Potato Soup
- Chicken Fajita Pizza
- Layered Tortilla Pie
- Chicken Cordon Blue
- Easy Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie
Maybe I’ll have an opinion of the above recipes in the near future for you…
What’s even more appealing are the easy-to-understand instructions throughout the book. There is even a page with pictures describing what each knife is used for. Maybe I’ll grab the right one from now on!
Tell me: Which recipe sounds most appealing to you?
About the Cookbook
Published by Reader’s Digest
Learn to cook with confidence with The Taste of Home Cooking School Cookbook based on the popular Taste of Home Cooking Schools attended by millions.
The Taste of Home Cooking School Cookbook, “is just like having a Cooking School instructor in your very own kitchen,” says Catherine Cassidy, Editor in Chief, Taste of Home. “This essential cookbook captures the highlights of our cooking school lessons and presents them in a way that allows people of all skill levels in the kitchen, to create memorable holiday meal moments in their own homes with family, friends and neighbors.”
Learn fresh techniques, tips, secrets and entertaining ideas straight from the Taste of Home Cooking School team. Each chapter builds from simple, beloved classics to spectacular dishes handed down by families from generation to generation that are sure to impress family and friends. Better yet, all of these recipes can be created with affordable ingredients available at your local grocery store. As you move from one recipe to the next, you will enhance your cooking skills and discover new favorites.
- Low-effort “Cheat It” recipes with big rewards like the refreshing Lemonade Icebox Pie, the 10-minute Zesty Salsa and Chocolate Cooking Cupcakes
- More than 400 simple to spectacular recipes including mouth-watering Gnocchi in Sage Butter, snappy Sweet & Tangy Wings, and Fresh Cherry Pie
- 140 how-to’s, secrets and tips shared by Taste of Home Cooking School experts from how to shape drop cookies to the best techniques for shredding meat for sandwiches and grilling salmon fillets
- Exciting twists on all-time favorites like burgers, pizza, Chinese takeout and more
Disclosure: Thanks to FSB Media for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.